Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I am feeling the same way at the exact same time as last year...

You'd think I'd get used to it,well its Autumn and is it 104 today and the last 3 days have been really hot. On Saturday I tried to trick my kids into loving the heat. We went to walk around downtown and see all the art work. Then we got some fall decoration for the house and a painting for the bathroom not at the fair at Cost Plus...I love this place it is one of my favorite's but every time we enter Colton goes crazy. He HATES this store now matter what we do he freaks. So Bob checked out while I stood outside with a crazy 2 year old and got so many different look. I was talking to my friend about this when we discipline our children who are out of control we get the worst looks and comments. It's as if we aren't good parents for not putting up with there stuff. so the hot day was hot!!! and it made grouchy children all around. The best part about this lovely heat is that this year we can come home to such a fabulous cool house! I love Love love this. So come on cool weather I think we are ready for you. Besides the pits of my T-shirts are looking pretty bad.

This is what the kids wanted to buy to get us in the spirit...NO WAY!


Really I will miss my maple trees. We need to plant some at the new house. To me they are fall. So heres some pictures from the past years of our tree.



Until next year I will try to enjoy the hot weather and catch up on my Tan.

4 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

I'm hoping our "Indian Summer" will mean a long fall that lasts into January at least.
I love the story about Colton. Our "nightmare store" used to be Barnes and Noble when I would try to get Terry away from the Thomas table. I usually had an armload of books I wanted to buy and I'd be balancing them while trying to hold onto a whiny child at the cashier. Then I'd run into every parent from my school as I drug him out of the building! Mother hood... good times :)

Heather said...

I love that tree in your front yard. I'm so ready for this heat to be over. Sometimes I wish California had more defined seasons. Like as soon as the calendar says first day of fall, the temperature drops and you can start wearing sweaters and jeans all the time. And your house is the perfect temperature, where you don't have to turn on the ac or the heater.
Oh and we have that issue at barnes and noble now. I will only take Andrew in there if someone else is with me.

Becky Green said...

I'm loving this extended summer! Of course, California winter is fantastic and Utah winter is death.. so that's probably why. :)

Nicole said...

Right now every store is a nightmare store for us. I loved that tree too. I can't wait until we get some big ones. We need to get together sometime; come out and go to Home Goods. You'll love it!