
So I think I'll copy my dear friend and give you my top 10 of why I love Girls Camp
#1 It reminds me of when I was a young girl, Girls camp was always a highlight in my life , and strengthen me spiritually for a entire year until I could return. now it gives my owns girls that same opportunity.
#2 I love being in the great outdoors, away from all the gloom of the world, it smells good too!
#3 I love the yummy meals camp food it good no matter what...someone else prepares it it always taste good...Even this year a did a little overnighter and the food we cooked was great because we were so hungry and tired! Although I think I'm good with watermelon for the rest of the summer.
#4 The women I get to serve with, I have new found friends and old ones too. These ladies are examples to me as a wife and mother, I love chatting with them and learning new ways to improve!
#5 The Lake! I really love this Camp we go to Rucker lake it is beautiful, I love swimming in it and canoeing in it! But then Blue lake was even prettier so clear and the water we pumped was really yummy and oh so cold!
#6 the Girls! this year Addison and Carissa went to camp so it was fun to have us all there, but then I got to spend all week with the 2 year girls. They were a joy to clean the bathrooms with and wash dishes together! Hiking was a new one for me but thanks to my friend I really felt healthy and did it!
#7 My Husband! This year Bob went again to camp I love having him there it makes me so happy to have him spending the week with all of us. All the girls love him he's such a good sport, Working hard saving girls in the forest, having canoe races, being a Sharp tooth Buzzard, taking out garbage, and washing pots and pans...I don't say it enough but I really do love this guy!
#8 In-And-Out! OK so on the way to camp and coming home we stop in Auburn and power up on a yummy hamburger with onions, Fries(yummy) and wash it down with a diet coke and chocolate shake. this year we tried a Neapolitan shake try that one its good!
#9 I love the women that stay home and watch my little ones with out them I could not go, I Love Love Love them!
#10 The leaders that served with my girls! They made my girls have the best experience ever and wanting to come back for more next year...I love to watch their testimonies grow and how the felt the spirit! Having them grow up is a bittersweet but it makes it easier when they have wonderful leaders that love them and all their corkyness.
Most of all I love coming home! Clean bathrooms, taking a shower, my little kids remember they did miss me, hugs and kisses from them, and my own bed Yeah!


4 comments:
Wow! You guys do an over-nighter with the 2nd years? I thought you guys were going to Treasure Mt like us. I have never been to Rucker Lake.
Welcome home! (Oh and reason #11 - You might get asked to talk in Sacrament Meeting about your experiences).
You just made me really miss Girls Camp. What fun memories you are making with Bob and the girls!
I LOVE girls camp too! I seem to always serve in primary so haven't had the chance to ever go back yet. Maybe I should start a primary camp!!!! :0) Some day I'll just have to volunteer - even if I have no girls yet!!! How fun! What a special trip to go with a couple of your girls and Bob. Did Carissa LOVE EFY? I'm sure she had a great time. What a busy summer!
I love girls camp! I miss it sooo much! I'm glad it was another good year. I imagine second year would be a lot of fun to be a leader for. Rucker Lake is the best!
Post a Comment