Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween month yippee!

Oh Fall I am so glad you have arrived!



I so want my porch to look like this we will be making bats tomorrow, and collecting pumpkins all month I hope we can do Martha justice.

If my sister lived closer I would have her make me this for the dining room table, She is the most talented florist I know I wish I had the gifts she has, I try to be like her but fail miserably.

 For dinner tonight I made Butternut squash risotto:) yummy I will be eating all week for lunch. It is my favorite fall side dish. I eat it as a main dish.
 t
Yesterday it began to rain! Smiles on my face i had more apples from Grammy Lou and this time i made Apple butter. The apple this year are better than ever! And everyone is loving the apple butter . I even sent some off to Grandma because it is her favorite fall yummy treat.
When I have time I have my Peter's Carmel ready to make these treats. We have some kids that need to lose some teeth this will  be the perfect fix. I can't wait ....I will have to wait till next week.

My kids all want to make these little darlings for Halloween. Only if i get brave enough. I am getting tired just writing about all my favorites for the month of October. And we have to start on those Halloween costumes:) this used to be my favorite but the kids have so many thing they want to be and i don't dare start till they really decide what they want to be.

Oh Fall I am so glad you have arrived!

2 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

I love that porch idea. I wish I had a porch I could do that with.

Becky Green said...

I love fall too, but all the decorations are just depressing to me since I have no time to make them this year. :( Next year will be Halloween-tastic though and we'll at least make a pumpkin this year. :) Quinn and I are going to be in California for Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure how much time we'll be able to spend where because I think his parents are going to Idaho for Christmas, but we'll for sure see you at least! What days are you going for?